November 14, 2019, New-York
The book "Out of the trap. Supporting the least developed countries" was presented in parallel with the annual meeting of Least Developed Countries (LDCs) Focal Points - Office of the High Representative for the Least Developed Countries, Landlocked Developing Countries and Small Island Developing States (UN-OHRLLS).
14 November 2019, 12:30-14:30 - UN Conference Room.
Launch event introduced by:
- Fekitamoeloa Katoa ‘Utoikamanu, Under-Secretary-General, High Representative for the Least Developed Countries, Landlocked Developing Countries and Small Island Developing States
- Perks Ligoya, Ambassador, and Permanent Representative of Malawi to the United Nations, Chair of the LDCs Group at ECOSOC
- Patrick Guillaumont, President of the Foundation for Studies and Research on International Development (FERDI)
Insights into the new book were presented by several authors.
- Debapriya Bhattacharya, Head of the LDC IV Monitor, and Distinguished Fellow of the Centre for Policy Dialogue in Dhaka (Bangladesh)
- Ngueto Yambaye, Former Minister of the Economy and Development Planning of Chad, and former Africa Executive Director of IMF
- Wenyan Yang, Chief, Social Perspective on Development Branch at the United Nations